Authentic Guild Experience


Not too long ago I joined my Guild in the on-line equivalent of an off-site team building event. Rather than cross imaginary rivers by tying different coloured thinking hats together we ran around Orgrimar in our underwear.
“To lose one Guildie is unfortunate,
lose the whole Guild and you might
want to bathe more often”
—Oskar Wildemane

It was a game of hide'n'seek that brought us together in a spirit of fun and camaraderie. This time, however, I think they've gone too far.

Now that we've all got to know each other a couple of people have had a spat. Somebody had a hissy-fit and took all the money and loot from the bank and the Guild has been dissolved.


Now I'm alone
And I'm in Desolace.
Which, let's face it, is not named for it's serotonin enhancing properties.

I tried finding other hide'n'seek partners but they tried to eat my soul. Which was awkward to say the least.

Actually I'm not that bothered. I still feel out of my depth whenever I group up so I tend to spend most of my time soloing and trying to figure out the game. From what I hear on things like The Instance or Twisted Nether it seems like people are doing that all the way up to the quasi-mythical 'endgame'.

The other impression I get is that this kind of Guild drama is pretty common. I'm looking on it as yet another unforeseen and and unexpected part of the great WoW learning curve. Finding a Guild that clicks seems to be that rarest drop of all.
(As in 'who do I have to kill?')

Anyway I never figured out how to use the Guild Bank...
And I've already made a new friend.


1 comments:

Sargeras said...

"I tried finding other hide'n'seek partners but they tried to eat my soul. Which was awkward to say the least."

You'll get used to it. ;-)

Enjoy your soloing. You can have some good times that way.

Post a Comment